Monday, July 5, 2010

Sangrerose: A Blood-Elf Priest

In every MMO I've ever played except for Eve, bag space is always an issue.  So who makes bags in World of Warcraft?  Tailors.  So Sangrerose was born Saturday night.  Sangrerose is a blood-elf priest (sangre is Spanish for blood) who will be a tailor and enchanter.  From what I understand, enchanting and tailoring go well together.  Add in the +10 bonus blood-elves get for enchanting and the combination seems to be a natural.


Now, I learned something about WoW that I'd forgotten.  The game can be a griefer's paradise.  As Sangrerose was running around the newbie island as a level 2 priest, she was heading to a quest NPC and what did she find?  A level 58 deathknight space goat camping the quest NPC.  For those who don't know, all quest NPCs are flagged for PvP, which means that, even on a carebear server like Darrowmere, a much higher level NPC can prevent brand new players from progressing through the game.  And with death being pretty meaningless, there is really nothing to stop a much higher level player from doing something like this except a large group of Horde players camping the offending Alliance player.  Did I forget to mention Darrowmere is dominated by the Alliance?  We saw a level 71 come in and kill the space goat, but that was it.  Once the hero Horde player left, the space goat returned.

Sangrerose managed to get killed 3 times while fighting the deathknight.  A level 2 priest fighting a level 58?  Well, all I could really do is taunt the Alliance player, clucking at the space goat and flapping my arms like a chicken, laugh at the thing and even fart on it.  I forgot that clicking on the character attacks him, so the deathknight immediately saw this and one-shotted me.  Then I rezzed at the graveyard and ran back.  Bad move.  I didn't realize I was flagged for PvP for 5 minutes, so the space goat one-shotted me again.

When our own deathknight showed up I buffed him and healed him in the battle.  Okay, not much healing, but I tried.  Then our deathknight left.  The space goat showed back up when I had 30 seconds left on my PvP flag.  Death #3 ensued.

If this had been Eve, I would have been ticked.  As it was, no harm was really done and I get to blog about it.  As of now Sangrerose is now level 10

No comments:

Post a Comment