Sunday, July 4, 2010

Rosilind: A Blood-Elf Hunter

I did something I thought I would never do again.  I re-subscribed to World of Warcraft.  Why?  Because Brenlo did such a fine job of running things with EverQuest 2 before he was fired that returning right now just isn't attractive.  And I'm not even referring to the whole "rangers are fine" attitude the developers have.  I gave up on that aspect of the game when the EQ2 devs fixed the rangers' mythical bow by nerfing all level 1-70 bows.

So off to Azeroth I went.  I chose to create a blood-elf hunter named Rosilind.  Yes, I am playing another ranged class in a race in which I think the female characters look tougher than the male characters.  But the last time I played WoW I played on the Alliance side so this time I'm playing Horde.  That perhaps was not a wise choice since I'm playing on Darrowmere and I understand that realm is dominated by the Alliance.  We'll see.

I'm up to level 10, tamed a Dragonhawk and named him Smokey.  I'm really looking forward to having combat pets, which is something rangers in EQ2 don't get.  Of course, that means I have to do some things, like learn how to fish so I can feed my pets.  But that is okay, since the fishing mechanic in WoW is more interesting than that in EQ2

One thing I like about EQ2 over WoW is that in EQ2 a character can harvest everything.  In WoW you get one or two gathering professions, and you have to raise your adventuring level in order to get past certain caps in your crafting levels.  What that means is I'll be creating another army of crafters/harvesters like I have in EQ2.  Rosilind is the typical leatherworker/skinner, with secondary skills in cooking, first aid and fishing.  The only difference is that I will also have to level all of my alts.  But that's okay, because now I can game in those blocks of time that are just too short to do anything worthwhile in Eve Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment